Carriageworks, one of Australia’s largest multi-arts precincts, today announced details for the Summer Seasonal Market to be held on 11 December 2021 and the return of the much-loved annual Twilight Christmas Market on 22 December 2021, as a celebration of their finest local produce for summer and the holiday season.
Creative Director of Carriageworks Farmers Markets, Mike McEnearney, said: ‘It’s such a wonderful time of year to celebrate, eat and enjoy togetherness. Both the Summer Seasonal Market and the Twilight Christmas Market are the perfect opportunity to source all your gifts and treats for summer entertaining and in the lead up to Christmas Day.”
SUMMER SEASONAL MARKET | Sat 11 Dec | 8am – 1pm
The Summer Seasonal Market celebrates the arrival of Summer, featuring a selection of guest producers alongside a series of live programs. Visitors can stock up on the freshest seasonal produce such as new season cherries that signal the arrival of the festive season, while shopping for foodie gifts and stocking fillers, or creating a premium Christmas hamper with a range of specialty artisan items such as wine, chocolate, cheeses, Christmas puddings, nuts, spices, teas and more. Visitors will also have the chance to pre-order a Christmas tree from Dural Christmas Tree Farm for collection from a dedicated pick-up point.
Hosted by Sam Jones, editor at Delicious Magazine, the Summer Seasonal Market’ curated program will feature a live cooking demonstration by Jaimee Edwards from Cornersmith as well as a panel discussion on why choosing to support local vendors is important for this year’s Christmas menu. Moderated by Jones, the panel will feature three Carriageworks Farmers Market producers including Matt Simmons from Melanda Park Free Range Pork, Tim Eyes from The Food Farm, and Sheridan Beaumont from Broken Bay Oyster Farm.
TWILIGHT CHRISTMAS MARKET | Wed 22 December | 4pm – 9pm
The Carriageworks Twilight Christmas Market will feature 80+ stalls and offers a one-stop-shop where visitors can pick up all they need for holiday entertaining just days before Christmas including:
- Sweet treats featuring handmade Christmas puddings, chocolates, confectionery and cakes
- Premium quality Christmas hams, poultry and seafood from small-scale local farmers and producers
- Vegan alternatives from meat free roasts to dairy free cheeses
- Condiments, pickles and preserves galore – perfect stocking fillers or sides for your festive feast
- Dairy, eggs and an impressive range of award winning cheeses
- Huge variety of baked goods from breads to crumpets and crackers, including many fantastic gluten free options
- Pantry essentials for cooking, entertaining and gifting – from tea, coffee, flour, pasta, salt, olive oil and spices
- Handcrafted spirits, craft beers, pre-bottled batch cocktails and a variety of wines, plus plenty of non-alcoholic options for the sober-curious
- Exquisite florals to adorn your Christmas table
- Curated selection of unique food-related giftware, from cookbooks to textiles, ceramics and more.
A range of ready-to-eat food options will also be available on the night and the team from RE Bar, the world’s first sustainability-focused cocktail bar, will be serving up some delicious, festive cocktails, creatively repurposing products from the Farmers Market that may otherwise go to waste.
Carriageworks is a registered COVID-Safe business. Guidelines to ensure the safety and wellbeing of visitors are developed in accordance with NSW Government requirements and can be accessed here.
Carriageworks is pleased to partner with SMEG, a global leader much loved in Australia, to deliver a program that connects communities with chefs and producers.