Vannella Cheese Buffalo Yoghurt Panna Cotta with Limoncello & Strawberries
In this sneak peek recipe from Luca Ciano’s hit series, Luca’s Key Ingredient, Luca partners with Vannella Cheese for a delicious Buffalo Yoghurt Panna Cotta with Limencello & Strawberries. The recipe will feature in an upcoming episode of season two, which premieres on Sun 27 Mar on the 10 Network.
Prep time 15 mins
Cooking time 15mins
Refrigerate minimum 6 hours or overnight
800g Vannella Cheese buffalo yoghurt
1 vanilla bean, cut in half
120g caster sugar
5 strong gelatine leaves
50g biscotti of your liking, crumbled
400g strawberries, clean and roughly chopped
100g strawberries, washed and cut into quarters (to garnish)
50g castor sugar
⅓ cup limoncello
Mint leaves, to garnish
Icing sugar, to garnish
1. Soak gelatine leaves in cold water for 5 minutes or till soft, drain well from water.
2. Add cream, milk, vanilla bean and seeds into a large saucepan and gently bring to boil, add sugar and stir to dissolve. When boiling add gelatine leaves and stir for 2 min till dissolved.
3. Remove mix from heat and add yoghurt, blend till smooth and allow cooling.
4. Pour liquid into your favourite dessert bowl or mould, then place in the fridge for min 6hr or overnight for best result.
5. Add strawberries and sugar into a small saucepan, once sugar is melted and mixed well with strawberries add limoncello and flame off the alcohol. Cook for 5 minutes then blend into a smooth sauce.
6. To serve, turn bowl/mould upside down and carefully try to remove the pannacotta from its mould onto a serving plate/platter, crumble biscotti on top then garnish with fresh strawberries, mint icing sugar and drizzled with strawberries sauce.
Pick up the ingredients for this recipe and more at our weekly Farmers Market, 8am-1pm every Saturday. More info.