Carriageworks Farmers Market, the weekly Saturday market providing the freshest seasonal produce from the best growers and producers from around NSW, will present a bumper Seasonal Winter Market on Saturday 19 June 2021 from 8am-1pm, in partnership with SMEG and delicious.
The free public program includes two live cooking demonstrations with Mimi’s Executive Chef Jordan Toft and Sonoma Pastry Chef Alejandro Luna, creating delicious Winter recipes using seasonal market produce, a producer talk with the founders of Hartley Truffles and a PS40 pop-up bar featuring winter inspired citrus cocktails, alongside over 60 producers and artisans. Visitors can also visit the final weekend of The National: New Australian Art, the critically acclaimed exhibition featuring 13 works by leading contemporary artists from across Australia, presented in collaboration with the Art Gallery of NSW and the Museum of Contemporary Art.
The Carriageworks Farmers Market is a much-loved destination for Sydney residents and visitors that offers the opportunity to learn about the origin of local seasonal produce by purchasing directly from the farmers, chefs and artisan producers who grow, rear or prepare it.
Carriageworks Farmers Market Creative Director Mike McEnearney said, ‘We are excited to present this bumper market celebrating the arrival of winter with a fun filled day of food, free talks, afternoon cocktails and art at Carriageworks. Read our seasonal guide for some extra tips but a highlight of the day will be the live chef demonstrations that will equip visitors with new recipes and skills to really make the most of the season’s produce including truffles, the bounty of citrus that has just come into season, brussel sprouts, broccoli and more.’
WINTER MARKET LIVE PROGRAM – SATURDAY 19 June 2021, 8AM – 1PM
- A Meet the Producer talk, hosted by delicious. Editor Samantha Jones, with Hartley Truffles founders Richard and Jane Austen, exploring how fresh truffles are grown and harvested on their Blue Mountains farm with the help of their two border collie dogs, and tips about how to use this prized culinary ingredient.
- Two live chef demonstrations including:
- Hosted by delicious. Editor Samantha Jones in Carriageworks’ state of the art SMEG kitchen, Executive Chef Jordan Toft from Mimi’s, Coogee will prepare a dish using the freshest seasonal ingredients from the Farmers Market.
- Sonoma Pastry Chef extraordinaire, Alejandro Luna, will share how to create amazing puff pastry dishes at home.
- A pop up bar, running from 12pm – 4pm, with PS40’s Michael Chiem mixing up winter-inspired cocktails using the freshest seasonal ingredients such as exotic citrus fruits and spices, with spirits by Demoiselle Distillery.
More detail about the program is available here.
Strict health and safety measures remain in place at the Carriageworks Farmers Market. To help Carriageworks safeguard the wellbeing of all, visitors are asked to support the following safety measures outlined here.
Carriageworks is thrilled to partner with SMEG and delicious, to deliver a program that connects communities with chefs and producers. #knowyourproducer