Steamed Fish and Green Curry Stir-Fry
300g clams and 250g octopus (0r any fish that could be steamed, or fish could be substituted with meat) – try Fish Butchery
50g green curry paste – try Ding the Recipe
6 lime leaves – try Watkins Orchard
40g green chilli, rough chop – try Kemps Creek
100g apple eggplant or thai eggplant, cut into wedges – try A&W Muscat
60g baby corn, cut in half – try Block 11
100g cherry tomato, cut in half – try Kurrawong Organics
1 bunch bok choy, cut into 1/3 – try Kemps Creek
1 handful thai basil – try A&W Muscat
80ml vegetable oil
1 tbsp caster sugar
30ml fish sauce
- Heat up a wok or a large frying pan. Fry the curry paste and lime leaves in oil gently until fragrant. Add the green chilli, apple eggplant and baby corn. Cook for 1 minute gently.
- Add water and bring to boil. Simmer for 3 minutes. Set aside or keep warm on small heat.
- Boil water and prepare a steamer for fish. Steam the fish until it is cooked. If using meat, seafood or other options, fry the protein before adding to the curry. BBQ octopus or prawns cold also be used.
- Add sugar, fish sauce and tamarind to the curry. Taste sauce: it should be a mix of salty, sweet and sour. Adjust the sauce to taste, add more fish sauce for salt, sugar for sweet and tamarind for sour if needed.
- Add bok choy and wilt quickly in the sauce. Finish by adding tomatoes, squeezing the juice.
- In a bowl add curry with vegetables. Add fish or other protein, pouring the sauce on top for extra flavour. Add thai basil.
Could be served on its own or with rice or noodles.
This recipe was cooked on equipment and appliances by Carriageworks Partner Smeg Australia.
Recipe from Graeme Hunt’s live demonstration at the Carriageworks Farmers Market, Sat 1 Feb 2020.
All ingredients available at the Carriageworks Farmers Market every Saturday.