Corey Grech, Native Foodways
600g quality beef mince (The Food Farm)
400g quality Roo Bundarr mince
2 garlic clove (Owl Farm)
1 onion chopped (Produce from The River)
2 tablespoon pepperleaf (Native Foodways)
2 tablespoon Worcestershire (Prickle Hill Produce)
2 free range eggs (The Food Farm)
Small handful of chopped parsley (Produce by the River)
Tomato, sliced (AW Muscat)
Rocket or lettuce as desired (AW Muscat)
Your choice of cheese
Bush tomato chutney (Indigiearth, Native Foodways)
1. Place all the ingredients for the burgers in a large bowl.
2. Season and mix well. Cover and chill in the fridge for 1 hour if you can.
3. Using wet hands, shape the mixture into burger patties (recipe makes 8)
4. Heat a griddle pan or barbecue to hot. Brush both sides of the burgers with oil and cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until well browned and cooked.
5. Sit to rest as the patty will continue to cook.
6. Preheat grill for burger buns.
7. Top each burger with a slice of cheese and grill for 2 minutes until bubbling.
8. Toast the burger buns until lightly golden.
9. Lay the bush tomato chutney over the lid of each bun.
10. Add some tomato, lettuce to the burger lid.
11. Place cooked patty on the base and flip.