Fried Zavalgia Zucchini Flowers filled with Willowbrae Chevre on Sonoma Mission Sourdough Toast
2 large zucchini flowers – Zavaglia’s Gourmet Produce
50gm chevre from Leaning Oak Cheese
freshly ground black pepper to taste
Sea salt flakes to taste – Olsson’s Sea Salt
1 tbs Olive Oil – Alto Delicate Oil
30 gm unsalted butter – Pepe Saya
A squeeze of fresh lemon juices – Prickle Hill Produce
1. Clean the zucchini stalks and slice into quarters from the end to the base of the flower.
2. Remove the stamen from the inside of the flower. Fish tweezers make this task easier and cause less damage to the flower.
3. Use a piping bag to fill each flower with 25gms of the Willowbrae Chevre.
4. Heat a pan with approx. 30gm butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil and heat till it begins to foam. Add flowers and fry gently turning to colour evenly all over.
5. Meanwhile have your toast ready.
6. Remove the flowers from the pan directly to the toast and drizzle with olive oil and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Serve immediately.