Terms and Conditions
COVID-Safe practices and contact tracing requirements
Carriageworks is a COVID-Safe company and encourages staff, patrons and visitors to download and use the COVIDsafe App. Carriageworks will take reasonable measures to keep everyone in the venue safe, however, there is still a risk of transmission of COVID-19. Therefore, by entering Carriageworks, you and your party acknowledge and accept this risk.
For performances at Carriageworks, masks are strongly recommended.
In the event that the Department of Health or other Government Department makes a formal request, we may be required to disclose your personal information for contact tracing purposes. By purchasing your ticket, you are providing us with your permission to do so.
If you are attending an Event as part of a group, as the primary ticket purchaser, you are responsible for knowing the contact details of all attendees in your group. In the event you are contacted directly by the Government, including the Department of Health for the purposes of contact tracing, you must: (a) make the contact details of your group available to the Government (if you have the consent of each group member to do so); or (b) contact each member of your group, and request that they provide their contact details to the Government directly.
Allocated seating guarantees the purchaser a reserved seat, all seats are spaced according to government guidelines. Patrons may not move between seats unless directed by Carriageworks staff. Seating configurations may change according with Carriageworks COVID Management strategies. Seat selection is subject to availability at the time of request, seat views displayed on the site may not be an exact representation. If you or a member of your party are late, you may not be able to enter the show, where possible you will be seated in available seats at the discretion of Carriageworks staff and you may not be able to sit with the rest of your party or in your allocated seat. Only persons from the same booking may reserve adjacent seats.
All Events at Carriageworks will adhere to the maximum permitted capacity of each venue under the COVID-19 NSW State Government guidelines applicable to the venue and current at that time. As of April 6, 2021, Carriageworks moved to 100% capacity for all ticketed seated events in theatres in line with recent announcements from NSW Government for entertainment venues. Patrons will not be socially distanced from other audience members within the theatre, we will continue to seat you with your booking group. Please note that this capacity condition may change in the future.
Patrons with access requirements needing specific seating accommodation should contact us so that we can assist in allocating an appropriate seat this includes those with children under the age of 12 years.
Please don’t visit if you feel unwell, have experienced any cold or flu like symptoms in the past 14 days, are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test, or have returned from overseas or a hotspot area.
Ticket exchanges or refunds information:
- All exchanges are subject to ticket availability. Tickets cannot be exchanged for sold out productions.
- Tickets can be exchanged up to 2 hours before your performance date.
- Tickets can be exchanged for a different performance date of the same production.
- If you select new tickets that are more expensive, you will be charged the difference in the ticket price
- Refunds are only offered for specific and unusual circumstances, such as an event cancellation. All tickets sold by Carriageworks are issued subject to the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice.
- All requests must be made in written format via email@example.com, medical documentation may be requested.
- Please note that we do not provide partial refunds.
- Exchanges or refunds may not be extended to other members of a group booking if they are not unwell.
- Carriageworks are not obliged to offer remedies to ticket holders who purchased tickets on the secondary ticket market.
- Carriageworks may present live events to both live and online audiences. If a ticket holder has bought a ticket to attend in person and is unwell with COVID-19 symptoms, Carriageworks may offer tickets to be exchanged as an online audience member.
- If an event is originally offered only as a live experience and subsequently is offered as a live streamed performance, a full refund will be offered.
- Carriageworks can accept donations in accordance with relevant laws, Carriageworks may ask whether ticket holders are willing to forgo the exchange/refund and donate the price paid for the Ticket.
Refunds or exchanges will be offered for the following circumstances:
- A ticket holder is required to self-isolate or quarantine (and the event falls within the isolation/quarantine period) due to:
- being a confirmed case of COVID-19; or
- having close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19; or
- living in or having been in a high risk area within Australia; or
- having returned from overseas.
- A ticket holder has COVID-19 symptoms, has been tested for COVID-19 and is awaiting test results (and the event falls within the period of awaiting test results).
Carriageworks reserves the right to deny exchanges or refunds based on the following circumstances:
- A ticket holder is well and does not wish to attend an event due to fears of exposure to COVID19; or
- A ticket holder is unwell and does not attend an event (other than due to COVID-19 illness or symptoms); or
- A ticket holder is from a group at a higher risk of COVID-19; or
- A ticket holder is denied entry into the event for reasons which were disclosed to the ticket holder in the ticket terms and conditions at the time of sale. For example, these reasons may include (but not be limited to) non-compliance with mandatory mask wearing or unwillingness to provide personal contact information when requested; or
- A ticket holder attends the performance and subsequently leaves part way through due to feeling unwell.
General Terms and Conditions for Tickets and Attendance at Events
By acquiring a ticket for an event and/or seeking to attend an event, you agree to these General Terms and Conditions.
By purchasing a ticket on behalf of someone else, you undertake to inform them of these General Terms and Conditions and any other terms and conditions notified at the time of sale.
If another company is presenting the event, tickets and attendance may also be subject to the other presenter’s terms and conditions.
You agree that Carriageworks tickets cannot be resold for more than 110% of the original supply cost. Tickets resold for more that this amount are subject to cancellation in accordance with our General Terms and Conditions for Tickets and Attendance at events. We may request evidence of the resale price paid in order to enforce this resale restriction. We will consider any authentic evidence which can reasonably prove that the resale price paid was no more than 110% of the original supply cost. This evidence may include:
- a bank statement;
- a resale account receipt;
- a tax invoice;
- official documentation which evidences the original acquisition cost and resale price paid; and
- correspondence between reseller and buyer accompanying any of the above.
Carriageworks is the only authorised ticket seller for events at Carriageworks, unless we specify on our website that there are other authorised ticket sellers for a specific event. We strongly recommend you only purchase tickets from an authorised ticket seller.
If you purchase tickets from another source, such as Ticketmaster Resale, Viagogo, Ticketbis, eBay, Gumtree, Tickets Australia or any other unauthorised reseller, you risk that these tickets are fake, void or have previously been cancelled. Purchasing tickets from an unauthorised ticket seller means that we cannot refund you if an event is cancelled, and we cannot inform you of important changes to event times, parking arrangements, and production details.
Tickets must not be included in packages or used in advertising unless authorised by us in writing.
Credit Card Purchases and Proof Of Identity
You must be 18 years to purchase a ticket with a credit card. You can only buy tickets with your parent’s or another person’s credit card if: You have both permission to use the credit card and can bring it to the event if required or; You have permission to use the card and the card holder has completed credit card authorisation form – you will need to bring the form completed by the card holder to the event. All purchases are charged to your credit card at the time of purchase, not at the time of entry to the event.
Other Terms and Conditions of Sale
We may impose other terms and conditions of sale in relation to specific events, in which case you will be notified of these at the time of sale, including on our website with the information relating to the specific event.
We may impose a maximum ticket limit to specific events. Unless otherwise specified, the maximum number specified applies to the event or season overall, not to each performance. Tickets purchased in excess of a ticket limit may be cancelled without notice.
Where concessions are applicable, suitable and valid identification must be provided for collection of tickets and entry to the venue. Failure or refusal to provide valid proof of concession may result in non-admittance.
If your order contains a Donation; All donations of $2 or more are fully tax-deductible. Acknowledgement of your gift and a tax receipt will be sent to you by email. Please allow up to 10 working days for processing of your receipt. Donations of $1000 or more will be acknowledged on the Carriageworks’ Honour Board, online and various printed publications at the discretion of Carriageworks.
We are not required to refund tickets which have been cancelled due to fraud or a breach of these General Terms and Conditions.
We will not be responsible for refunding resold tickets, including those purchased from unauthorised resellers. Otherwise, you are entitled to a refund if we cancel an event or reschedule it to a time more than 2 hours earlier or later than originally programmed and you cannot or do not wish to attend the rescheduled event. You are also entitled to a refund if we issue a ticket to you by mistake and we are unable to provide you with the event in question.
If you believe an event you have attended was not provided substantially as advertised, we will give reasonable consideration to your request for a refund. However, we reserve the right not to provide a refund:
- merely because you did not enjoy the event, performance or venue, you arrived late or did not attend;
- if you were refused or removed in accordance with our Liquor House Policy
- if you were refused entry or removed due to your breach of these General Terms and Conditions; or
- if, despite our reasonable diligence, the cause was outside our control.
If you believe you are entitled to a refund you should apply within five days after the event’s scheduled commencement. If you do not seek a refund within a reasonable timeframe we may not provide you with the requested refund, unless required by law. If you purchased your ticket from another authorised ticket seller, you should apply to them for your refund.
Any refund payable will be made to the original purchaser, and when practicable to the original form of payment used to purchase the ticket.
We will not be responsible for any expenses incurred or to be incurred by you, for example travel, car parking, child care, accommodation or other goods or services, even if the event is cancelled. You should consider whether insurance is appropriate for your circumstances.
It is your responsibility to keep your tickets safe. Replacement of lost, stolen or missing tickets may be permitted at our sole discretion and fees may apply. We will not replace lost, stolen or missing tickets that have been resold
While we endeavour to keep ticket-holders informed, details may change sometimes with little or no notice. For example, artists or other participants may be added, withdrawn or substituted or the venue may change.
Despite any seat number on your ticket, we do not guarantee you any particular seat. If we need to allocate a different seat to you for operational reasons, including a change of venue, we will use reasonable endeavours to ensure it is in a location of comparable value to the seat number on your ticket.
We make every effort to ensure pricing is correct but we reserve any rights we may have to correct genuine errors.
Refusal of Admission
We may refuse entry to an Event or have you removed from the venue on valid grounds, including if:
- you fail to comply with these General Terms and Conditions;
- we have not received payment for your ticket or you are unable to produce a ticket;
- you are intoxicated, or you behave in a threatening, disruptive or offensive manner;
- you interfere unreasonably with another visitor’s enjoyment of the event or venue or with our staff carrying out their functions; or
- In accordance with Carriageworks liquor House Policy;
- as specified elsewhere in these General Terms and Conditions.
We may need to refuse admission for safety or security reasons, in which case we will refund your ticket if it was purchased in accordance with these General Terms and Conditions.
Unless otherwise specified, we do not provide supervision of children. All children requiring supervision must be accompanied by a supervising adult at all times and may be refused admission or attendance if not accompanied by a supervising adult.
Latecomers may be admitted to a performance during a suitable break, which could be the first interval, if an interval is scheduled. In some cases, latecomers may not be admitted at all.
Carriageworks sometimes sells tickets for events that are in Carriageworks licensed venues, and these venues require a valid driver’s license, passport or proof of age to prove you are over 18 years of age. You may need to present this proof at the event venue to obtain admission. The staff reserve the right to refuse any patron entry at their discretion if invalid ID is provided.
Patrons who wish to consume alcohol or alcoholic beverages provided at approved facilities in the venue must produce approved photographic identification, including photo driver’s licence, passport, government photo card or interstate or international equivalents. Any person found to be supplying or buying alcohol for a minor will be evicted from the event and handed over to police.
The use of illicit substances is prohibited. This venue has a zero-tolerance policy towards the use and possession of illicit drugs. Patrons found with illicit drugs will be refused entry, have their tickets cancelled and be referred to police.
To help ensure the safety and security of Carriageworks, bags and personal belongings may be subject to visual inspection.
Umbrellas, prams, backpacks, larger bags and other items that may be hazardous or restrict the movement of visitors may not be permitted into the venue or may be required to be cloaked, depending on the nature of the event and relevant circumstances.
Cloak room facilities are provided free of charge on a performance requirement basis as deemed by Carriageworks, it is your responsibility to collect any cloaked items after the performance. While all care is taken, Carriageworks accepts no responsibility for loss, theft or damage to any items deposited in the cloak room. Carriageworks reserves the right to refuse to accept any item for deposit in the cloak room. Uncollected items will be logged as lost property post event.
Lost property will be held at Visitor Services Desk located in the Public Space; patrons can complete a lost property form onsite or post event via email/phone. Please note that anything not collected after 2 weeks from date of being logged is disposed of by Carriageworks.
Normally food and drink are not allowed inside a theatre or auditorium, unless otherwise specified.
Other items that are prohibited inside Carriageworks include but are not limited to: alcohol purchased from outside; glass bottles; offensive signs or clothing, laser pointers; and any other items that could present a safety hazard to others or interfere with the performance.
By entering the event or venue, and using the event medical facilities, you consent (express or implied) to allow third parties to receive personal information from the medical service providers that has been obtained during treatment, during and/or after the event.
Commercial activity including promotions, marketing, photography and filming are not permitted at Carriageworks, unless expressly authorised by us.
Carriageworks reserves the right to implement a ‘no pass outs’ policy for events, meaning once you leave the designated performance area you will no be able to re-enter
You must switch your mobile phone to silent while in a theatre or performance space.
Photographs, Recordings and Privacy
We reserve the right to record, broadcast and/or telecast any event at Carriageworks and you consent to the use of any image or recording taken of you, and anyone for whom you are responsible, while on the premises. We are not obliged to use, broadcast or provide to you any such recording.
Carriageworks prohibits the use of audio and visual recording equipment in all of its venues, unless expressly authorised by the venue.
Carriageworks will not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage or injury to the extent arising from your negligent acts or omissions, any pre-existing medical condition, your breach of these terms and conditions, or your reliance on reviews and opinions about events and performers.
You should make your own further inquiries before deciding whether an event is suitable.
You are responsible for your personal possessions such as bags, mobile phones and other items you carry with you.
Our liability to you in relation to tickets is limited to the obligations specified in these General Terms and Conditions and our obligations under applicable laws and the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice – Consumer Code.
The Australian Consumer Law provides certain statutory guarantees for consumers which cannot be excluded, for example that services will be provided with due care and skill. Nothing in these General Terms and Conditions modifies or excludes those guarantees.
We value your feedback, both positive and negative. Please contacts us via:
If you experience a problem or issue with Carriageworks services, please let our Visitor Services Officers know (via the above details) promptly and we will use reasonable endeavors to address the issue.
We may amend these Terms and conditions by updating them on our website. You should review them before seeking to purchase tickets for, or to attending events.
Last Updated: April 2021