No Churn Olive Oil Ice Cream, Raspberry, Halva and Honeycomb
Jacqui Challinor, Nomad
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Freezing time: 12 hours
1 whole egg – Holbrook Paddock Eggs
5 egg yolks – Holbrook Paddock Eggs
75g caster sugar
200ml ALTO Robust extra virgin olive oil – ALTO Olive Oil
300ml pouring cream – Country Valley Dairy
250g raspberries – Zavaglia’s Gourmet Produce
2 ripe figs – Figlicious
150g macadamias – Hand ‘n’ Hoe Organic Macadamias
150g Honeycomb – Maya Sunny Honey
1. Preheat oven to 180c and toast macadamias until golden.
2. Combine eggs and sugar into a bowl and heat over a pot of simmering water, whisking continuously until it begins to warm slightly.
3. Transfer egg mix to the bowl of a stand mixer and whisk on high speed until light and fluffy. Once at this stage, slowly add the olive oil to emulsify. Reduce speed to low and continue until mix reaches room temperature. While this is happening, whisk cream to soft peaks and refrigerate until required.
4. Once the egg mix has cooled, gently fold the cream in 2 batches, being careful not to mix too hard and knock the air out of it.
5. Line a 20cm springform cake tin with greaseproof paper and pour the mix in and freeze overnight.
6. To serve, place the ice cream, greaseproof paper and all on a plate and top with the raspberries, halva, macadamias and spoonfuls of the honeycomb.