With over 1.3 million visitors a year, Carriageworks is the largest and most significant contemporary multi-arts centre of its kind in Australia. Supporting contemporary theatre, dance, visual art, music, film and fashion, the Carriageworks Artistic Program is ambitious, risk taking and provides considerable support to leading Australian and international artists. Commissioning and presenting contemporary work, the program is artist led, presenting high quality contemporary cultural experiences for audiences and reflecting the social and cultural diversity of Sydney, NSW and Australia.
With ambitious visitation targets and infrastructure expansion, sympathetic commercial activities such as corporate events and farmers’ markets provide opportunities for artistic program growth. Fostering a culture of innovation and excellence the CEO will be instrumental in establishing a distinctive profile nationally and internationally, leading Carriageworks in its vision to be the most significant contemporary arts precinct in the Asia Pacific.
– Lead the operations to develop and implement innovative strategies and programs that positions Carriageworks at the forefront of contemporary multi-arts practice.
– Drive high visitation through increased program diversity and identify opportunities to augment financial resources through leveraging and expanding commercial activities.
– Build and nurture key strategic relationships with a range of stakeholders including government, arts/tourism bodies, resident companies, corporate partners and the local communities.
– Successful track record at a senior executive level leading a complex organisation within the arts or broader cultural sector. Multifaceted arts programming experience and /or knowledge of Government would be beneficial.
– A strategic thinker with the ability to develop and promote a vision for the future, underpinned by revenue generation, commercial acumen and excellent communication skills.
– Collaborative with highly effective relationship management skills and the ability to influence and engage key stakeholders.
To apply confidentially, please register your interest with a CV and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information contact: Carolyn Soddy 02 9006 3468
Closing date: February 10, 2019
PRODUCER – FOOD EVENTS – CARRIAGEWORKS
We are seeking an experienced Producer – Food Events to deliver and expand our contemporary food events nationally. The role will deliver the Carriageworks Farmers Markets and Food Event Strategy that will establish opportunities for audiences to have sustained engagement with chefs and food producers through the establishment of a chef talks program, masterclasses and cooking schools and the integration of large scale food events.
Carriageworks is committed to building a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce. Carriageworks strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultures and people with a disability.
APPLY: Please email Producer – Food Events to email@example.com for a position description and instructions on how to apply for the role.